Product or Service Information.
DMAIC / SIX SIGMA Project
DMAIC / Six-Sigma Project
In this assessment, the students are required to implement DMAIC / Six Sigma projects. Upon the completion of the projects, instructors should be able to test the students` understanding of major part of the course materials.
- Develop an appreciation of quality management theory, principles, and practices.
- Use quality improvement tools and practices for continuous improvement.
DMAIC / Six-Sigma Project
During the process of projects implementation, hypothetically for the assessment`s purposes, picture your instructor as a chief executive officer of a company at any industry of your choice.
In order to gain the CEO` approval for quality improvement project (Six Sigma) and compete for full project`s sponsorship, you are required to provide a detailed project information to convince the instructor – supposedly the (CEO) to choose and support your project.
Guidance for the project proposal:
The proposal must include the following:
- Product or Service Information: ( 100 – 150 words) – 1 point
- The necessity for change : ( 100 – 150 words)- 1 point
- Define Stage ( Planning) : (200 – 300words)- 2 points
- Measure Stage: ( 100 – 150 words)- 1.5 point
- Analyze Stage: ( 100 – 150 words)- 1.5 point
- Improve / Design stage: ( 100 – 150 words)- 1.5 point
- Control Stage: ( 100 – 150 words)- 1.5 point
Select an actual Product or Service from any local/international company that you would like to improve/change, and provide the following Information:
- The product or service general information such as name, features, value to customers..ect.
- Brief history about the chosen product or service (formation, sales, previous changes).
- The reasons behind the improvement decision, present no less than two reasons why you think the change is important for the product /service (Leadership, Competitors Technological advances, Training requirements, Rules and regulations, Customer demands).
- Define the project’s scope, goals, and objectives and its team members and sponsors ( Project charter )
- Define the current and the desired status, the project scheduling.
- Define the stakeholders affected by the project such as (employees, society, customers, stockholders, suppliers…etc)
- Identify the team you need and the members` functions that will help you throughout the project.
- What method you plan to use for defining the project (Work Breakdown Structure, Pareto Diagrams) and why?
- Define the new process inputs, actions and desired outputs. (Hint : Process flowchart can be used to visualize the process)
- Define measurement Systems Analysis tool, to illustrate use measurements scales such as Nominal , Ordinal , Interval , Ratio. In addition, explain the reason for use.
- Discuss no less than two conditions that might hinder the project progression (process variation) using one of tools mentioned in chapter (15 – Analyze Stage).
- Describe the new value delivered to the customers upon the successful implementation of the project.
- Present no more than two condition that can be altered to make the desired change ( cost , operation, human resource).
- Discuss one to two techniques you plan to use to improve the efficiency of process such as lean tools, 5S …etc.
- Identify two methods that the team can use to evaluate performance after the project completion.
- Document two to three learned lessons from the process ( This part could be connected to the overall project experience )
Requirements: long | .doc file