Describe Rate-based Measurement of Quality in Healthcare
Describe Rate-based Measurement of Quality in Healthcare.Describe three rate based measurements of quality.Select three rate-based measurements of quality that you will use as the primary basis for this paper.These measurements must relate to some aspect of clinical or service quality that directly relates to patient care or the patient’s experience of care. You may choose only one of the three measures to be some form of patient satisfaction measure. Deconstruct each measure to include descriptions of the following:
• The definition of the measure
• The numerical description of how the measurement is constructed (the numerator/denominator measure counts, the formula used to construct the rate, etc.)
• Explain how the data for this measure are collected
• Describe how the measurement is compared externally to other like settings; differentiate between the actual rate and a percentile ranking.
• Explain whether the measure is risk adjusted or not. If so, explain briefly how this is accomplished.
• Describe how goals might be set for each measure in an aggressive organization, which is seeking to excel in the marketplace.
Describe the importance of each measure to a healthcare center.Relate each measure to patient safety, to the cost of poor quality, and to the overall cost of healthcare.