Discuss enterprise placement report on customer relations issues 1
Enterprise Placement 2
This unit gives you an opportunity to gain practical experience of the world of work and to develop your skills operating within an organisation. You will be able to put into practice the knowledge that you have gained so far in your course.
The experience of a placement will give you the opportunity to reflect on your future career and will serve as a useful experiential basis for your final year of study. You will also develop key skills associated with the workplace through the development of a project related to the operation, growth, and development of the organisation in which your placement is offered.
Initial briefing sessions on preparing for work placement will include:
• Key workplace skills
• Understanding enterprise in organisations
• Exploring the business and economic context of Milton Keynes or other relevant location
During your placement, you will also attend workshops and sessions on-campus to develop your skills in the following areas:
– Influencing and negotiation
– Understanding change in organisations
– Presenting and defending a proposal for change
– Scoping your project
– Perspective taking and eliciting feedback on your ideas
– Reporting in a management context
– Advanced presentation skills
On completion of this unit you should be able to:
– Knowledge and Understanding: Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the economic, organisational, brand and market context and strategies appropriate to your degree study.
– Skills and Abilities:
Develop a strategy that if implemented, would enhance the organisation, based on the evaluation of options and the development of an informed plan, identifying risks and constraints relevant to specified objectives.