WORKPLACE PROFESSIONALISM- Power point presentation.
Competency Assessment Directions
This Competency Assessment assesses the following learning competency:
CS204-2: Apply oral communication skills for promoting a professional image.
CS204 Competency Assessment Module Two:
For this assignment, you will create a narrated PowerPoint presentation that will orient new employees on expectations of professionalism for an organization.
You will choose a business or organization to observe as an employee or as a customer/client. You will observe and evaluate the organization based on information you know about organizational culture and professionalism. You will then construct a narrated PowerPoint in which you will communicate the expectations of professionalism in various areas for that particular organization. You will also submit a written transcript of your narration.
The PowerPoint presentation must include six slides of which four contain 1-2 minutes of narration each. The cover and reference slides will not include narration. Presentations without narration will not be accepted. Presentation must utilize bullet points and graphics on each of the content slides. You must also integrate one source in your PowerPoint presentation cited in correct APA format.
Slide 1: Cover page that includes assignment title, your name, course name, and date.
Slide 2: Introduction of the Organization (1-2 minutes of narration)
- Introduce the presentation by explaining information about the organization and the observation that took place such as the name of the organization, type of organization, day and time of observation and your role as an observer (are you an employee, customer, etc.).
Slide 3: Professional Appearance Expectations (1-2 minutes of narration)
- Explain how employees should dress to promote a professional image.
- Explain what expectations there are regarding physical appearance for this organization.
- Explain what employees should do to maintain the professional appearance of their work area.
- Include graphics such as photographs to illustrate expectations.
Slide 4: Professional Behavior Expectations (1-2 minutes of narration)
- Explain expectations of verbal and nonverbal communication required for professionalism.
- Explain how the new employees should address problems or complains.
- Explain expectations regarding tardiness, breaks, and use of personal communication devices during working hours.
- Include graphics to illustrate expectations.
Slide 5: Professional Fit (1-2 minutes of narration)
- Create a list of four questions a potential candidate should ask themselves to determine if they would be a good fit for this organization. In your narration, state the question and why each question is important for a potential employee to consider. These questions should relate to the organization’s culture and be supported by at least one academic source cited in correct APA format. List the four questions as bulleted points.
Slide 6: Reference Slide: Reference or references should be listed in APA format.
Narration Guidelines: Your narration for the slides should demonstrate the following:
- Maintain a persuasive tone by summarizing observations and evaluations for each slide.
- Words should be clearly enunciated and professional tone should be sustained throughout the presentation narration.
- Audio recording should be free of background noise and interruptions.
Minimum Submission Requirements
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, you will earn a score of 0%.
- PowerPoint Presentation with six slides.
- Slides 2-5 should include detailed narration (see requirements above for length requirements).
- Written transcript of the entire presentation narration submitted as a separate Microsoft Word document.
- Bulleted points on each slide should include brief points that identify the areas that will be addressed in the narration.
- Assignment should follow APA formatting guidelines which includes in-text citations in the body of the presentation and a reference slide.
- Graphics should be utilized in slides 2 through 5.
- Identify the source of any pictures you use.
Use the PowerPoint template provided and submit your file to the Assignment Dropbox.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University Honor Code, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.
For more information on the university’s plagiarism policy, refer to the current University Catalog.