(1) What is utilitarianism? Critically assess the plausibility of this proposal.
(2) What is euthanasia, and why is it considered to be morally different to murder or suicide? Is it?
(3) What do you think is the best moral argument for vegetarianism? Does it work?
(4) Does freedom entail the ability to have done otherwise?
(5) What is the harm principle? Does it pose a justified limitation on our freedom?
(6) What is Rawls’ conception of a just society? Is it is tenable?
(7) What, if anything, would be wrong in simply saying that anything counts as art so long as this is what was intended by the creator of the artifact in question?
(8) Can two identical objects differ in their aesthetic properties?
(9) Can one properly form one’s aesthetic judgments via testimony from aesthetic experts?
(10) What are Gettier-style counterexamples, and how do they challenge the classical account of knowledge?
(11) Is knowledge more valuable than mere true belief?
(12) Is ‘knows’ a context-sensitive term?
Requirements: 2 ppl