Explain why the U.S. health system has been described as high on cost
1. The U.S. health system has been described as high on cost, unequal in access, and average in outcome. Why?
2. The way the U.S. spends healthcare dollars has also been described as wasteful and inefficient. Why?
3. What are some factors that contribute to rising healthcare costs?
4. What is the role of government and nurse leaders in controlling health care costs?
5. What are the policy implications of uncontrolled growth in health care spending for federal, state, and local governments?
6. What types of programs will not receive funding when health care consumes a large percentage of federal expenditures?