Theory and Research: The Comfort Theory
There are various methods used to evaluate a theory. One method of synthesized theory analysis includes the components of Theory Description, Theory Analysis, and Theory Evaluation. To determine the value, worth, and significance of a theory, the entire theory must be evaluated.
1) Choose one middle range theory or interdisciplinary theory from the list of theorists posted below.
- Transition Theory-A. Meleis
- Katharine Kolcaba’s Comfort Theory
- Pamela Reed’s Theory of Self-Transcendence
- The Community Nursing Practice Model-Charlotte Barry
- 2) Identify the structural components of the selected theory:
- 3)Identify the functional components of the selected theory:
- 4)Identify the evaluation components of the selected theory:
- 5)Discuss how the theory contributes to the discipline of nursing.
- 6)The scholarly paper should be written clearly and concisely providing comprehensive details about the subject or topic of discussion.
- When developing the scholarly APA paper, begin with an introductory paragraph which includes the purpose statement; that is supported by literature or evidence.
- Remember APA does not use the title “Introduction.”
- The body of the paper should include level headings to keep the readers focused on the written content.
- A conclusion is important to summarize the main points of the paper.
- Finalize the assignment or paper with the reference page(s). This will be the last step to the assignment/paper.
- 8)The paper should consist of five (5) to six (6) pages excluding the title and reference pages.
- Use level one and level two headings(see APA page 62 to review levels of heading).
- 10)Write the paper in third person, not first person. This means do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’ statements.
- 11)Use at least four (4) references from professional peer-reviewed nursing journals to support the paper. References should be from scholarly peer-reviewed journals (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory).
- 12)APA format is required (attention to font, spacing, spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
- 13) Submit the assignment to Turnitin prior to the final submission, review the originality report, and make any needed changes.
- 14)Submit by the posted due date