Critically review The Montreal Protocol
Write a 3–5-page paper in which you do the following:
- Describe three key elements of the regulation or policy you chose. Specifically, discuss who is affected and what actions they are required to undertake, including federal and state agencies and specific industries, and how these requirements are enforced.
- Assess three effects this regulation or policy had on our environment. Next, quantify its effects, if possible, to analyze whether or not the regulation had the desired effect on the environment.
- Discuss three economic effects of your chosen policy or regulation. Next, describe the direct costs of implementation, as well as the effect the regulation has had on economic growth. If possible, find a benefits/cost analysis that will provide you with objective analyses of this regulation’s economic impact.
- Speculate whether or not you believe that this policy or regulation has been successful overall. Next, debate whether or not your chosen policy or regulation has promoted environmental benefits or outweighed its economic costs. Lastly, determine whether you would recommend renewing this policy or regulation when it comes to its expiration date, or whether you should let the policy or regulation expire. Justify your response.
- Use at least three quality resources/references in this assignment, in addition to the course text. Note: Wikipedia and personal blogs do not qualify as quality resources.
- Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
The Montreal Protocol was established to ensure that the atmosphere is protected from depletion especially the ozone-layer depleting substances. The Montreal Protocol is an agreement that aims at ensuring all the substances that deplete the ozone layer are phased out. Research indicates that the Montreal Protocol has achieved its major objective and has been accepted globally.