Analyze an outbreak of a specific global communicable disease(Ebola)
Analyze an outbreak of a specific global communicable disease(Ebola).In this task, you will also analyze an outbreak of a specific global communicable disease that occurred in the last 50 years that crossed international borders (e.g., the measles outbreak that moved from the Philippines to the United States).
A. Select one of the following communicable diseases that has had an outbreak across international borders:• influenza• measles• respiratory syndrome coronavirus• meningococcal diseas• HIV/AIDS • Ebola virus• hepatitis B• hepatitis C• tuberculosis• Zika virus
B. Describe the outbreak of the disease selected in part A, including each of the following:• Name of the disease• The countries involved
• The date the outbreak was discovered•Dates the disease reached each involved country
1. Analyze the epidemiological determinants and risk factors associated with the outbreak.
2. Discuss the route of transmission of the selected communicable disease.
3. Discuss how an outbreak of the selected disease would impact your community at a systems level (e.g., the functioning of schools, local government, businesses, hospitals).
4. Explain what the reporting protocol would be if an outbreak of the selected disease were to occur in your community.
5. Discuss two strategies (e.g., patient education strategies, community education strategies) that you would recommend to prevent an outbreak of the selected disease in your community.