Scope of a licensed practical nurse (LPN) reflection paper
You will write a reflection paper discussing the scope of practice of an LPN. There are 4 sections in this assignment. Each section must be at least 2 paragraphs (approximately 3-5 sentences each) and in your own words.
Section 1: Discuss the LPN scope of practice and pick 3 areas from the attached list from the Minnesota Boards of Nursing. Give an example for each scope and discuss how you will perform this at the bedside as a licensed LPN. What are some specific tasks that you might be expected to complete that would meet these requirements?
Section 2: What did you learn in section 1? What can an RN do that an LPN cannot? Is there anything that surprised you?
Section 3: Discuss how you will delegate tasks to Nursing Assistants. What can you ask them to do?
Section 4: Discuss and reflect on how you, as a LPN, will ensure you are practicing within your scope. How will you communicate with other medical professionals what your scope includes and does not include? What would you do if someone delegated a task outside of your scope?
- Your paper should not be more than 3 -5 pages in length.
- Each section must be at least 2 paragraphs (3-5 sentences per paragraph).
- It must be double spaced with 1” margins.
- Use 12-point font, either Times New Roman or Arial.
- You do not need to include a title page for this assignment.
- If you utilize any additional references, include a separate reference using APA format.
Get instant access to the full solution from www.essaycounter.com by clicking the purchase button below.
words limit:984 words