Role of advertising in a culture of consumerism-Personal care
Research the Internet to analyze how that product or service has been advertised.
Prepare a 15- to 20-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint®
- Who determines ethical standards for advertising?
- In what ways has advertising affected American culture?
- What are the key persuasive techniques used in consumer advertising? Illustrate with specific examples, explaining how each technique works.
- Discuss some of the critical issues that may arise from the following areas:
- Children and advertising
- Advertising in schools
- Health and advertising
- Political advertising
- Find one example of a commercial that strikes you as particularly creative and appealing:
- What are the elements that are unusual?
- What is the target group of the commercial?
- How does the commercial appeal to consumers?
- Why do you believe this commercial to be effective in brand name recognition?
- How are ethical standards met (or pushed to their limits)?
Include detailed speaker notes and images that support your content. Each slide should have 3 to 4 bullets of text which are a high-level overview of what’s included in your speaker notes. You may write the speaker notes in the notes section of your selected presentation tool or in a separate Word document.
List any references on the last slide.
Overview-the role of advertising in a culture of consumerism
Advertising- creating publicity of a product or service through mass media to increase sales
Methods of advertising
Advertisement influences consumer culture and must adhere to ethical standards (Spence and Van, 2005).