Illustrate the risk assessment and risk management process in relation to an environmental health problem.
Assignment 3 Instructions:
Create a brochure that informs local residents about the hazards at either a National Priorities List (Superfund) site or sanitary landfill in your community. The brochure should include the following:
- Front matter with a title and byline
- Inside and back panels:
- Information about the site (location, previous use, current use, etc.)
- Risk Assessment:
- Site assessments and testing completed to determine contamination levels.
- The hazardous agents present at the site.
- The extent of the contamination at the site and where it has spread to the surrounding community, if applicable (water, soil, air, etc.).
- How the site has negatively impacted the environment and the health of people in the surrounding community (if negative health effects have not been reported, list the potential health effects based on the matrices that have been contaminated and the hazardous agents that have been identified).
- Risk Management:
- Identify the clean-up or containment measures that were taken.
- Discuss how the site is continually monitored to prevent future contamination and protect the health of the surrounding population.
- Back matter with references and contact information for the local health or environmental department (city/county/state)
Your brochure needs to include at least three (3) references
Please review the Discussion Board Grading Rubric in the Course Resources.
Each Unit, you are required to post one (1) initial response and two (2) replies to your peers and/or Professor. Your initial response should be at least 150 words and contain a reference list for the sources used to support your response; the word count minimum excludes the references. The responses to others should be at least 75 words each. Please be sure to cite all of your sources in APA format in accordance with the Discussion Board Grading Rubric.
Topic: Environmental Hazards:Discussion Board
After reviewing the instructions for the Unit 3 Assignment and choosing either a Superfund site or sanitary landfill in your community, discuss the potential health risks local residents may experience in relation to the site. What is being done to prevent human exposure to these environmental hazards?
Get instant access to the full solution from www.essaycounter.com by clicking the purchase button below.
words limit:580 words