Protection from the skin cancer by having darker skin color is not a good evolutionary argument
1. Why do the authors say that protection from the skin cancer by having darker skin color is not a good evolutionary argument? Remeber that for Darwin, fitness means surviving, and importantly, having offspring.
2. Why did darker skin color evolve, and what vitamin is implicated in this story?
3. What is the role of this vitamin in humans?
4. Why would it be advantageous to have lighter skin farther away from the equator, and what vitamin is implicated?
5.What is the role of this vitamin in humans?
6. Why do the Inuits have relatively dark skin, and yet, live at a high latitude? How is diet related to their success?