Discuss Outbreak of Salmonella Thompson infection
HS415-2: Examine the principles of environmental epidemiology, including sources and exposure pathways of environmental hazards.
Review the List of Selected Multistate Foodborne Outbreak Investigations and the Waterborne Disease & Outbreak Surveillance Reports:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (20 Sep 2018). Foodborne Outbreaks: List of Selected Multistate Foodborne Outbreak Investigations.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (16 Oct 2017). Waterborne Disease & Outbreak Surveillance Reports.
Select an outbreak from one of these lists that you would like to research further. After selecting an outbreak, write a minimum 500-word expository essay by discussing the following:
- Provide a brief description of the outbreak (who, what, when, where).
- Describe the pathogen responsible for the outbreak, including the signs and symptoms of illness and complications that can lead to hospitalization and/or death.
- Discuss the potential source (food, water, air, etc.) and exposure pathways for the pathogen (ingested, inhaled, absorbed, etc.)
- What were the results of the outbreak? How many confirmed and/or suspected cases, hospitalizations and deaths occurred? How did the outbreak cease?
- What disease investigation principles were used to determine the pathogen, source and exposure pathway of the outbreak?
- How can similar outbreaks be prevented in the future?
Get instant access to the full solution from www.essaycounter.com by clicking the purchase button below.