How George Orwell’s Animal Farm Follows the Steps of Narrative Structure
Narrative Structure Analysis of the George Orwell’s Animal Farm
Write an essay which demonstrates how your novel follows the steps of narrative structure (exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution/denouement). Word count does not include works cited pages.
- A useful resource of literary terms is @ https://literarydevices.net/
- Look up literary terms such as the ones listed above: exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution/denouement to demonstrate your understanding of the narrative structure of your novel.
- Include an outline and Works Cited page where you will list the novel you are discussing.
- Template for outline
- Template for Works Cited page
- You must use MLA format, but you are not to use outside sources for this paper; this is your own analysis.
- Cite examples from your text in support of your argument, either as direction quotations or paraphrases.
- This is not simply a summary of the story. Instead, you should identify how each part of the narrative structure develops in the story.
Do not confuse this essay with your research paper. This essay is totally your own thinking from studying the steps of narrative structure and reading the novel. Your research paper reflects the conclusions you draw from information gleaned in your research and is on a selected topic other than narrative structure.