Family-Centered Positive Psychology
POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY APPLIED TO INSTITUTIONS
For this assignment, apply principles of positive psychology to a setting of your choice from the list below. Choose a setting for which you have a personal or professional interest, as this will strengthen the relevance of this assignment for you.
- Character Strengths in the Workplace.
- Positive Workplaces.
- Character Strengths and Mental health.
- Primary Prevention and Enhancement in Mental Health.
- Family-Centered Positive Psychology.
- Character Strengths in Positive Education.
- Positive Schools.
- Character Strengths and Health and Wellness.
Write a 4–6-page paper in which you provide the following. Use the APA Paper Template, available in the Resources, to properly format your assignment. Use the headings outlined below to organize your paper.
- Introduction – Write a description of the specific environment you are discussing and why you believe positive psychology principles could be of use in it. Include details of who is in the environment, where it is, and what people are doing in that setting.
- Applications of Positive Psychology – Write a detailed explanation of principles (for example, positivity, happiness, well-being) and concepts (for example, character strengths, flourishing, flow, gratitude) from positive psychology that are most relevant to the selected environment, and explain why.
- Strengths and Weaknesses of Positive Psychology Applications in this Setting – Write an assessment of the strengths and weaknesses (advantages and disadvantages, pros and cons) involved in the application of positive psychology principles and concepts in this setting.
- Research Supporting the Application of Positive Psychology in the Setting – Cite and apply scholarly research that supports the application of the positive psychology principles and concepts in this setting.
- Conclusion – Write a conclusion in which you summarize how the use of positive psychology principles and concepts in this setting may affect your current and future work life, health, education, or family.
Be sure to include supportive evidence from scholarly articles and to cite all scholarly sources where appropriate. Your writing should be scholarly and professional, using proper APA formatting and style.
Your assignment will be scored by the following criteria:
- Describe potential uses of positive psychology principles in a specific environment.
- Explain the relevant applications of principles and concepts within a specific setting.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of positive psychology applications within a specific setting.
- Support analysis of positive psychology applications with scholarly sources.
- Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a psychology professional.
See the Positive Psychology Applied to Institutions Scoring Guide for more details.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your paper should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length: Your paper should be 4–6 typed and double-spaced pages, not including cover sheet and reference page.
- References: Your paper should include 1–2 properly cited scholarly resources.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.