Explain Own ethnic origins and cultural heritage
Explain Own ethnic origins and cultural heritage.Interview a family member(s) to determine answers to the following questions. The family can be paternal, maternal, or both if desired. If for any reason you do not have access to immediate family, or your family does not know much of their heritage, you are welcome to interview parents/grandparents of any of your friends. Furthermore, if any of the questions do not apply to who you are interviewing feel free to skip these questions and add additional questions of your choice.
- What is the ethnic origin of your family?
- What was your family’s original homeland (nation, country, etc)?
- If applicable, when did your family originally come to the U.S. or their respective homeland?
a.Where did they originally settle? Where do they live now?
- What is one story that your family members remember about their migration roots?
-This could be their own experience or an experience they’ve heard from ancestors.
5. What ethnic/cultural events/holidays does your family regularly celebrate?
6. What types of foods do you eat during these celebrations? Do these foods represent
a particular area or country?
7. Is there an object or objects in your family’s house representing your cultural
8. Do you feel your family heritage is an active part of who you are? Why or why not?
9. What types of music/dance is related to your heritage?
Feel free to add any questions related to your family heritage not included above.
Your total response should be 2-3 pages, double-spaced. Use a question and answer format for this reflection.
I want you to write about the ethic about Iraq, Baghdad middle East.