In order to understand the human consequences of redlining and to connect the housing issues caused by redlining to present issues, please watch https://aeon.co/videos/why-racial-segregation-is-a…
After watching the video and doing some brief internet research, answer the below questions:
- Explain each of the four color classifications shown in the exhibit’s redlining map and how those classifications impacted lending.
- Explain the difference between explicit racism and structural racism and give an example of each.
- How has redlining impacted generational wealth? (HINT: how is generational wealth commonly acquired?)
- What is a racial covenant?
- Discuss an consequences of redlining.
Optional: For additional information on the past discriminatory practice of redlining in Omaha, and the affects it has on today, read or watch: https://northomahahistory.com/2015/08/02/a-history…