Ethical decision-making based on systematic reflection
Case analysis (about 1200 words)
Please analyze the following case by applying ethical methods.
Case: IT business dilemma
Susan, a software engineer, recently started her own company that provides tailored software solutions for small businesses. The company’s mission is to provide custom IT solutions while emphasizing affordability, quality, and data security. Susan’s company is still small; she has few customers, and every job matters to her. One new customer, a local bank, has asked Susan to develop the software and webpage for its online banking. Susan suggested several options, ranging from basic to more sophisticated solutions. However, at a meeting with bank executives, Susan learns that the bank wants to have an online banking system that is even more reduced than the basic option she had suggested. Susan expresses concerns about the bank’s request because, in her professional judgment, the reduced solution would result in significant risks regarding data security for the users of the online banking system. The bank, however, insists on the reduced solution for reasons of cost efficiency, and asks Susan to develop and implement it. Susan is wondering now, whether she should implement the reduced solution, or reject the job?
- What would be the ethically better decision? Apply the utilitarian method, CI method A, and virtue method A, to analyze the case and provide a recommendation.
- What would be the better business decision with regard to the future success of Susan’s company? Provide a recommendation and explain your answer.
- Word count: about 1200 words
- You can provide a chart for the utilitarian argument, but you still need to explain you chart/evaluations
- Make sure you properly apply all three ethical methods in your analysis. We do not grade the outcome but rather the accurate application of the methods.
– I will upload a file that have everything about the three ethical methods (utilitarian method, CI method A, and virtue method A)
– Please do not use any outside sources, and keep the answer and explanation based on the three methods only.
Requirements: about 1200 words | .doc file