Research the effects that diets can have on children.
As we have seen this week, children require a balanced diet in order to promote healthy growth. But what happens if the parent goes on a ‘diet’? Will this create an imbalance for their growing child?
TASK 1- RESEARCH
Research the effects that diets can have on children. You can focus on a specific diet (vegan, keto, etc.) or you can focus on dieting in a broad sense.
TASK 2- DISCUSS
- Are you focusing on a particular diet or dieting in general? (1 point)
- Are there benefits to children following a diet? Why or why not? (5 points)
- What are problems with having children follow a diet? Think along the lines of physical, mental, and/or social ramifications. (5 points)
- What should a parent do and/or consider if they personally are wanting to go on a diet, but still have to cook for their children? Should their children be involved or not? (4 points)
- The post must be at least 250 words. (2 points)
- Include at least 1 outside reference, cited in APA format. This reference needs to be cited both in-text and at the end of the post in a reference list. (3 points).