Employing older workers not only have benefits but also have challenges
Employing older workers not only have benefits but also have challenges like:
– As older workers are close to retirement age, their stay with work will be short.
– Finding difficulties to deal with change in technology and taking time to learn IT skills and how to use new software.
– Some older workers believe that they do not need to follow the instructions given to them and that they are able to carry out work responsibilities in their own way.
– Maybe more expensive in terms of insurance and medical care due to having one or several chronic diseases.
– Their satisfaction with their work leads to lower productivity due to loss of sense of competition.