- Discuss the role of public health in prevention and control of communicable diseases
- Justify use of specific methods for controlling microorganisms for specific scenarios
- List commonly used antimicrobials
- Explain the mechanism of action of commonly used antimicrobials
Course outcomes assessed with this Assignment:
HS320-1: Describe the roles of various microorganisms in our world.
GEL- 8.5: Apply Critical Thinking to the field of Health Sciences.
- Write an essay identifying the evolutionary change of antibiotic/antimicrobial usage towards the treatment of diseases throughout the history of medicine.
- Include the consequences of not treating a microbial infection correctly.
- Recommend and provide examples of three recommended prevention methods which utilize antibiotics/antimicrobials
- Essay should be a minimum of 500 words.
- The paper you submit must be your own work.
- The viewpoint and purpose of this Assignment should be clearly established and sustained.
- Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- Use APA style for all citations.
- Here is the link for APA Style Central
Requirements: 500 words