Discuss the power of listening
The Power of Listening
Your company recently paid your trip to attend training on listening. The focus of the one-day workshop was to identify and explain the different types of listening and demonstrate the value of active listening in the workplace. Now you are back in the office and you have been asked to share your new knowledge with your fellow employees by creating a tri-fold pamphlet.
Using the Unit 8 Assignment Template, please address the following in your pamphlet:
- Define Hearing, Listening, and Active Listening.
- Identify two similarities and two key differences between all three.
- What does listening look like?
- Identify three nonverbal cues that demonstrate to others that we are listening.
- What are two ways we use our verbal messages to demonstrate listening?
- Explain the value of listening.
- What are at least two of the benefits of being a good listener?
- What might be some consequences of poor listening?