Discuss Pathophysiology and patients adaptive responses
- Chapter 6, “Innate Immunity: Inflammation and Wound Healing”
This chapter examines how the body responds to injury and infection by exploring the first, second, and third lines of defense. It also covers wound healing and alterations of the wound healing process.
- Chapter 7, “Adaptive Immunity”
This chapter examines the third line of defense, adaptive immunity. It also covers the roles of antigens and immunogens, the humoral immune response, cell-mediated immunity, and the production of B and T lymphocytes in the immune response.
- Chapter 8, “Infection and Defects in Mechanism of Defense”
This chapter covers the epidemiology, clinical presentation, and treatment of disorders resulting from infection, deficiencies in immunity, and hypersensitivity. It also examines the pathophysiology of an important immune disorder—HIV/AIDS.
- Chapter 9, “Stress and Disease”
This chapter evaluates the impact of stress on various body systems and the immune system. It also examines coping mechanisms and disorders related to stress.
- Chapter 10, “Biology of Cancer”
This chapter explores the developmental process of cancer and factors that impact the onset of cancer at the cellular level. It also describes various treatment options.
- Chapter 11, “Cancer Epidemiology”
This chapter reviews genetic, environmental, behavioral, and diet-related risk factors for cancer. It also examines types of cancers that result from risk factors.
- Chapter 12, “Cancer in Children and Adolescents”
This chapter focuses on the presentation and prognosis of childhood cancers. It examines the impact of genetic and environmental factors on these cancers.
- Chapter 38, “Structure and Function of the Musculoskeletal System”