Exploratory Case Study Assignment Instructions
In this Module: Week, you will demonstrate your knowledge of preparing and collecting case study (evidence) data. The overview used the term process as you will not only develop a case study protocol and explain the use of pilot studies, but dive into the sources of data, and how to comprehensively collect and care for your study’s data. Finally, you will scratch the surface of the first type – Exploratory Case Study.
After reviewing the Learn material for the Module: Week, address the following paper in current APA format:
1. Develop Case Study protocol as it relates to describing how to screen candidate cases and select final cases
2. Explain why, when, and how to use pilot case studies
3. Describe and triangulate the six sources of evidence
4. Explain the purpose and requirements of a comprehensive case study database (consider from raw data to final conclusion and the reader may need access to all data to draw their own conclusions)
5. Draft an Exploratory Case Study Model that determines whether a topic is worthy of further investigation and serve as a prelude to a survey or experiment (use Yin’s (2018) Application #1 [p. 66] as a template)
This 1600 minimum, 2400 maximum word paper needs to be written with these main sections:
Case Study Protocol
Pilot Case Studies
Sources of Evidence/Triangulation
Case Study Database
Exploratory Case Study Model
Materials submitted to fulfill requirements in one course may not be submitted in another course. Concerns about the propriety of obtaining outside assistance and acknowledging sources should be addressed to the instructor of the course before the work commences and as necessary as the work proceeds.
- The cover page must include this statement as an author’s note: “By submitting this assignment, I attest this submission represents my own work, and not that of another student, scholar, or internet source. I understand I am responsible for knowing and correctly utilizing referencing and bibliographical guidelines. I have not submitted this work for any other class.”
- In addition to the course textbook(s) and the Bible, this paper must include at least 5 references from scholarly articles that have publication dates no older than 5 years. Do not use any books other than the Bible and the textbook. Do not conduct interviews.
- There should be at least one instance of biblical integration (at least one scripture reference).
- In-text citations are required to support your statements, points, assertions, issues, arguments, concerns, paragraph topic sentences, and statements of fact and opinion.
- The required cover page, abstract and the reference pages are not included in the required assignment word count but are required as part of your paper.
- The APA required abstract and conclusion section headings and subject headings (see above) are expected. For papers this length, there should be at least two (2) ‘levels of headings’.
- The introduction and conclusion sections should not be longer than ½ page each since the assignment is short in word count.
- The required abstract should be written as a stand-alone document and not written as an introduction since an introduction section is required. Therefore, refrain from using phrases such as, “in this paper,” and do not use citations. See example in APA manual.
- Sources of information from Wikipedia, dictionaries, and encyclopedia will not be accepted.
- Paragraph lengths: Each paragraph should have a topic sentence unless it continues from or provides support to the prior paragraph. A paragraph is defined in this course as being at least 4 sentences in length.
- All parts of the assignment must be based on scholarly and biblical literature.
- Avoid clichés, slang, jargon, exaggerations, abbreviations, figurative language, and language that is too informal and too subjective.
- Submit your final document for grading with file name syntax: Last NameFirst Initial Project#. For example: PhilebaumJ Project3.doc (no .pdfs)
Consult the accompanying rubric for how your instructor will grade this assignment. Also, any form of plagiarism, including cutting and pasting, will result in zero points for the entire assignment. All quoted materials must be properly cited in current APA format.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool. The tool is a starting point for instructors to check overall Academic Integrity and higher scores generally indicate a higher probability of Academic Misconduct. The higher a score, the higher the probability that there are too many quotations included in the narrative, and/or there are passages that have not been properly cited.
Requirements: 1600 Words minimum | .doc file