- Describe the basic steps of the organizational development process.
- Analyze the human, structural and strategic dimensions of the organizational development.
Part 1 (2.5 marks):
Please read the case study entitled as “Job Design at Pepperdine University.” available in your textbook “Organization Development & Change”, p.115, in the 10th edition by Cummings, T and Worley, C and answer the following questions:
1. Describe the culture of Pepperdine University within which an individual job is enriched.
2. Explain why it is important for an individual job design to be congruent with the larger organization design. Support your answer using one example from the case.
Part 2 (2.5 marks):
Please refer to Figure 5.2 in your textbook (comprehensive model for diagnosing organizational system) and answer the following questions based on your understanding:
3. Choose an example of a hypothetical organization and explain the three key inputs (or environmental types) that affect the way such organization could be designed.
Requirements: long | .doc file