Creating a Marketing Research Plan
A Device For Tracking Teen Drivers
In this week’s discussion you’ll be designing a short market research plan for the product you selected for your marketing project. You’ll follow the same basic process we covered in the research materials that looked like this:
- Define the business problem.
- Convert that business problem to a research question
- Determine segment and sampling technique
- Select which type of research will work best for our question
- Analyzing our results
- Reporting our results
1. In this week’s scenario Tess described the business issues that Jack is concerned about. Using those as a starting point identify TWO business problems you might have with your project.
2. Next, convert those business problems to research questions. What are specifically trying to learn as a result of your research project?
3. Describe the customers you will target for your research and the sampling technique you will use. Make sure you are clear how you will use it and why you chose it.
4. Describe what types of research techniques you will use. Identify ONE secondary source and describe how you will use it and why you chose it. Select ONE primary research technique and describe how, and why, you will use it.
5. Write a one paragraph memo describing how you plan to report your finding. how can you make your report accurate yet easy to understand?
Your post should be no less than 350 words and well organized. As always, spelling and grammar will count. In your response to two of your classmates, critique their research plan and offer any suggestions you may have. Responses that lack insight and critical analysis, such as “Great plan” will receive few points. Be fair, professional and supportive. If you wish, you may also revise your own plan by incorporating their ideas. Collaborative responses are fine.
We have not named the products and services, just provided a VERY basic description. Feel free to use your imagination to name your product. Have some fun with this but remember to keep it appropriate for the class.
Marketing Plan Product Description
This is the first part of your marketing plan assignment. Be sure you follow the instructions found in the Project Guide exactly. In the Guide you will also find an example of what an A quality description looks like.