Report Writing on ‘Voluntary Disclosures in Australian Corporate Sector’
- Order Summary
- Type of assignment:Essay
- Academic level:University Level, Bachelor’s
- Referencing style:APA
- Number of sources:3
- Client country:Australia (UK English)
see attached file
Report Writing on ‘Voluntary Disclosures in Australian Corporate Sector’ (Word length: maximum 1 200 words and at least 3 references).
Select two Australian companies from the list below in the same industry, which are listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) and having voluntary disclosures made on:
- a) ‘corporate governance’ and
- b) ‘corporate social responsibility’ (i.e. CSR or sustainability reporting of environmental, social and economic reporting or triple bottom line).
Find the most recent year-ending 2016-17 ‘annual report’ and ‘CSR report’ for each company applying ‘GRI guidelines’ (G4) (use company website or Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) web-site for the list of Australian companies providing sustainability report (https://www.globalreporting.org)).
- Paladin Energy Limited (PDN)
- Woodside Petroleum Limited (WPL)
- AGL Energy Limited
- ANZ Bank
- National Australia Bank (NAB)
- Westpac bank
In your essay, critically analysis and evaluate both‘corporate governance’ ‘corporate and social responsibility’ reporting followed by each company and whether consistent with ensuring accountability and transparency to the satisfaction of shareholders/stakeholders. Identify the strengths and weaknesses of their reporting and disclosure as well as major differences along with your recommendations to advise how to minimise voluntary reporting and disclosure gaps between them.
Do not attach a copy of the corporate governance and sustainability reporting. Instead, to verify provide the web address of both companies.
Specific and descriptive criteria to follow:
(1) There must be an introduction and conclusion section and references, and website address of the selected companies where from corporate governance and sustainability reports are downloaded.
(2) There must be a very brief outline of the selected listed companies and their operating activities in the respective industry sector.
(3) A better understanding of the concepts of voluntary disclosure as well as reporting on corporate governance and CSR is expected.
(4) There must be an analysis of reporting practices of the companies whether ASX corporate governance and GRI disclosure guidelines (G4) are properly followed or not. The reporting practices of both companies must be compared and suggesting how more compliance is achievable. The strengths and weaknesses of reporting should be taken into account from the shareholders/stakeholders’ perspective as well as any relevant comments or recommendations therein.