Communications Question-Interpersonal Communication, Self-Concept, and Perception
Interpersonal Communication, Self-Concept, and Perception
Your employer has asked you to mentor a new employee. To help you prepare, your employer has asked you to reflect on the questions below.
Using the Unit 2 Assignment Template, respond to the following (one to two paragraphs each, drawing on course concepts):
- Select three principles of interpersonal communication that you feel would support a new employee. Explain each principle in detail and describe how each impacts personal and professional relationships.
- Define self-concept in your own words.
- Define perception in your own words.
- Explain one way that self-concept can impact interpersonal communication.
- Explain one way that understanding of perception can impact interpersonal communication.
Writing Requirements and Assignment Guidelines
Your assignment should be a 2-3-page expository essay, not including the Title and Reference pages, and should include the following elements:
- Title page
- Reference Page: Sources in APA format
- Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced
- Use APA Formatting and Citation style
The assignment must be written in Standard English and demonstrate superior organization, including a highly developed viewpoint and purpose. Your responses should be written in complete sentences and paragraphs. The communication of your thoughts must be highly ordered, logical, and unified, displaying exceptional content, organization, style, and mechanics (including the use of correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure).
This assignment addresses the following unit learning outcomes:
- Identify the principles of interpersonal communication.
- Discuss the concept of perception as a process of communication.
- Discuss how perception impacts interpersonal communication.
- Define self-concept.
- Identify ways self-concept and perception impact interpersonal communication.
Requirements: 2-3 pages | .doc file