Discuss communicating in a diverse environment
Communicating in a Diverse Environment
At its core, diversity simply means differences, and we can experience differences with those from another culture, as well as with those who may share our culture. Differences should not be seen as a barrier, but an opportunity.
For this Discussion, please respond to the following:
- Consider a time in which you engaged with someone who was different from you.
- Describe the engagement and identify at least two ways in which you were different from one another.
- Think about your attitude toward different cultural backgrounds.
- What is your tolerance for diversity?
- How might the context (such as being at work or at home) influence your tolerance for diversity?