Are there medical abbreviations that are universal? If so, give 3 examples
As stated in your reading, the use of abbreviations in health encounter documentation is widely prevalent. In medical terminology, all of you learned the meaning(s) of a number of abbreviations. You also learned that abbreviations can have more than one meaning.
1. Research the topic of abbreviations in the medical field.
2. Create sentences appropriately using C&S and CNS.
3. If D/C was dictated, how would you know if discontinue or if discharge was intended by the dictator? How would you resolve this?
PART 1: POST BEFORE THIS MODULE IS DUE (WORTH A POSSIBLE 30 POINTS):
1. Are there medical abbreviations that are universal? If so, give 3 examples.
2. Are there abbreviations that have attributed to medical errors? If so, give an example.
3. What is the name of the publication that lists dangerous abbreviations?