Analyze how health policy is used to address current public health challenges.
General Education Literacy Outcome
GEL-7.3: Analyze the effects of ethical decision making on human behavior.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2017) “defines [health] ‘policy’ as a law, regulation, procedure, administrative action, incentive, or voluntary practice of governments and other institutions. The health of our nation is influenced by public health policies—examples include tobacco control policies and school nutrition policies for healthier meals in schools.”
For the Unit 4 Assignment, write a minimum 500-word expository essay that addresses the following questions:
- Briefly explain who creates health policy and its purpose in improving population health.
- Why is it important to use ethical decision making when developing health policy?
- Provide an example of how ‘health policy’ is used in your community. Is there research that suggests it has assisted in improving population health? Why or why not?
- The paper should be at least 500 words in length.
- There should be a minimum of three credible references used, including the source for your chosen organization, which should be presented in APA format.
- Go to Academic Tools for assistance with writing and APA.
Submitting Your Work
Please submit your work in a Microsoft Word document. Save it in a location and with the proper naming convention: Last_First_HS315_Unit 4_Assignment.docx. When you are ready to submit it, complete the steps below:
- Click on “Content” at the top of the classroom page.
- Click on Unit 4 in the left navigation.
- In the center of the page, click on Unit 4 Assignment Dropbox.
- Click the “Add Attachments” button.
- Follow the steps listed to attach your Word document.
To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Grades tab after your instructor has evaluated it. Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted project.
Requirements: 500 words